This year DOVE Hawkes Bay celebrates 24 years of working to stop, heal and prevent family violence. Working with individuals (men, women and youth) and families; victims and perpetrators; they provide programmes, support and social work to assist people heal from the impact of family violence and develop strategies to have safer, nourishing and enjoyable relationships. DOVE Hawkes Bay, along with other agencies works to develop communities that say “no” to family violence and “yes” to creating positive and supportive environments.
- DOVE Hawkes Bay is approved by Ministry of Social Development as a Level 2 service provider; namely providing high and medium intensity non-care community support services.
- DOVE Hawkes Bay has contracts with Ministries of Justice, Education, Social Development (Community Investment), and Department of Corrections to cover the programmes it provides. These services are delivered in the Napier, Hastings and surrounding areas, extending down to Central Hawkes Bay.
- DOVE Hawkes Bay is working in partnership with Kainga Pasifika Services to develop a Pasifika response to the issue of family violence; a service by Pasifika for Pasifika.
- DOVE Hawkes Bay also manages, on behalf of the membership, the contract for LIVE HB, a network promoting collaboration in the area of family violence.
- DOVE Hawkes Bay is a member of Te Kupenga Whakaoti Mahi Patunga / National Network of Stopping Violence Services; a nation-wide network of community based organisations working to prevent violence and abuse in Aotearoa New Zealand.